Are you familiar with sedation dentistry? It is a solution that allows patients to alleviate their fears associated with dental work and receive the care they need. It can include oral sedative, nitrous oxide, or IV conscious sedation. Though sedation dentistry is often the only solution for severely anxious patients, it offers numerous advantages for all patients with dental health issues.
- You will feel virtually no pain. This overcomes one of the biggest obstacles to dental work. Regardless of the method selected, sedation dentistry patients will feel little-to-no discomfort during a procedure.
- It can be used for a variety of procedures. Sedation dentistry in Wayne, NJ, is often offered to patients who are undergoing extensive dental work, but can also be incorporated into deep cleanings and other non-invasive procedures. It removes all of the anxiety-related barriers to maintaining and improving your smile.
- Your appointment will be shorter. When you are comfortable and sleepy in the dentist’s chair, there are fewer disruptions. Your doctor can quickly and efficiently perform your procedures.
- You can avoid all of the sights and sounds of any procedure to improve your dental health. With IV conscious sedation, patients not only feel as if they slept through the procedure, but they retain no memory of it either. This method presents an excellent option for patients with a fear of dentistry caused by early negative dental experiences.
- There are several sedation dentistry options to accommodate patient needs. With nitrous oxide, for example, you can attain a relaxed, comfortable state for the duration of the dental work, yet the effects are temporary. You could return to work immediately after. Oral sedation, however, would leave you comfortably groggy throughout the procedure and for a few hours after.
Thanks to sedation dentistry, there is no longer anything standing between you and your ideal smile. Call our office to book a sedation dentistry consultation with Dr. Laurence C. Breiterman. He can give you the beautiful, healthy smile you have always wanted with sedation dentistry in Wayne, NJ.