Invisalign Ⓡbraces are great for people that need to straighten their teeth without wanting to be noticed with clunky traditional braces. Whether you are new to using Invisalign aligner trays or you have been using them for a while everyone should be aware as to how to manage them properly to make you experience as painless and as quick as possible. Listed below are some tips on how to take care of your Invisalign braces.
How to alleviate pain.
- Try changing out your aligner before bedtime—this might help you sleep through the discomfort of your new aligners.
- If your gums start to feel sore, avoid crispy, crunchy, or overly chewy food.
- Apply cold compresses to outside of your mouth.
- Suck on ice cubes while the aligners are out; only during your allowable window of having the aligners out.
- Determining and correcting the rough edges of your trays, speak with your dentist to make adjustments.
- Speak to your dentist about using over-the-counter pain medications.
Reduce sleep interruptions
- Saliva build-up might take some to get used to but this should lessen around 3 days of wearing your aligners. For some, it may take up to 2 weeks to adjust.
- Sleeping on your back or slightly propping up your head will decrease the amount of saliva accumulated
- Breathing through the nose and not your mouth can help a lot.
- Talk with your dentist if you don’t think you are adapting to properly to your trays or if you’re missing out on your beauty sleep.
How to eat what you want
- Always take out the aligners before eating.
- Brush and floss after each meal or as often as you can.
- If you can’t brush your teeth, you should rinse out your mouth with warm water or mouthwash.
- Take a travel-size toothbrush, floss, and mouthwash with you when you go out— that way you’ll always have fresh-kissable breath.
- Keep a case for your aligners with you at all times.
If you follow these tips on how to care for your Invisalign braces then you won’t have to worry about having complications later on in your dental journey. For more information on Invisalign treatments contact our office in Wayne, NJ to schedule an appointment to speak with Dr. Breiterman.